IN ORDER TO ENTER THE DANCE SHOWCASE, YOU MUST:
- Have a valid ACR registration to enter the Dance Showcase. To contestants that enter online, you are required to show your badge to the at-con check-in location in order to finalize your entry.
- Your music must be family friendly, regardless of the language
- Your performance must be family friendly
- Your costumes must follow the general cosplay guidelines as well
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Please note that all Showcase participants must report to Main Events for line-up and final instruction. You will be informed of this time at check-in. DO NOT BE LATE. If you are late, we may assume you have dropped out and you may be removed from the lineup.
- Should a group win a performance award, they’ll share the prize given for winning.
- Performances are limited to a maximum time of 5 minutes.
- NO LIVE STEEL. Anything that could be mistaken as a realistic weapon must be cleared by ACORE as per con guidelines. You must bring all props to rehearsal for approval.
- Your performance content, including language and thematic content, must be family friend as ACross is a family-friendly event, and the Dance Showcase will be attended by young children and parents. The Cosplay Head and Cosplay Judges reserve the right to disqualify, modify, or remove a skit they feel is inappropriate.
- Please do not leave anything on stage when you exit. If you can’t take it ALL off with you –- glitter, confetti, smoke, Silly String – then don’t use it. We will not return anything left behind, nor are we responsible for anything lost while participating in ACross’s Dance Showcase.
- Performance entries must attend a mandatory skit approval on Saturday. If your on-stage presentation deviates from what you showed the cosplay staff at rehearsal, you could be disqualified. We hate to reiterate, but WE DO NOT LIKE SURPRISES! If you want to surprise the audience, go for it. Not us. Staff must have full disclosure as to what will happen onstage.
- Stage combat and gymnastics must be approved by the Cosplay Head. Please ask if you have questions; we want your skit to be great, but we also want the temporary stage to stay stable during your skit.
- If you wish to use prerecorded audio, Send the audio file to email@example.com before the cut off date, which will be stated in an email confirmation. Please have your skit audio ready-to-play as one single track.
- The Cosplay Head has final say in all circumstances and disputes and may modify rules at any time if necessary.
Just remember to enjoy yourselves on stage and to entertain the audience. This event is not only for you but for them as well. Have fun and be positive!
Please be sure to have also read through our Weapons and Cosplay Policies before you submit your application.
Also keep in mind that open registration for the contest at the convention will take place Friday ONLY! It will also be First Come, First Serve. The easiest way to guarantee your spot in the contest is to pre-register!
If you have read through and understand everything, please fill out our Dance Showcase Application!