Anime Crossroads 2020 Dance Showcase
IN ORDER TO ENTER THE DANCE SHOWCASE, YOU MUST:
- Have a valid ACR Badge.
- Your music and the content of your performance must be family friendly.
- Your costumes must follow the general cosplay guidelines.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- All Showcase Participants must report to the Cosplay Table to check-in at-con the day of the event to confirm your participation in the event. Failure to check-in may result in removal from the Showcase.
- Report to Main Events for line-up on Friday. You will be informed of the time at check-in. DO NOT BE LATE. If you are late, it may also result in your removal from the Showcase.
- Should a group win a performance award, they’ll share the prize given for winning.
- Performances are limited to a maximum time of 5 minutes.
- If you are entering in the Masquerade, your dance MUST be different than the one you have entered into the masquerade. Double dipping will ensure immediate disqualification.
- NO LIVE STEEL. Anything that could be mistaken as a realistic weapon must be cleared by ACORE as per Con guidelines. You must bring all props to rehearsal for approval.
- Your performance content, including language and thematic content, must be family friendly. ACross is a family-friendly event, and the Dance Showcase will be attended by young children and parents. The Live Events Heads and Showcase Judges reserve the right to disqualify, modify, or remove a skit they feel is inappropriate.
- Please do not leave anything on stage when you exit. NO GLITTER.
- Stage combat and gymnastics must be approved by the Live Events Head. If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to email@example.com. We want your skit to be great, but we also want to make sure that both you and our stage stay safe during the performance.
- Upload pre-recorded audio via the prompt on the Showcase Application. If you are unable to attach it, please send the audio file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your skit audio ready-to-play as one single track and make SURE it is in MP3 format. We will not edit your audio for you. We will not accept Youtube links. When in doubt, bring your audio on a thumb-drive in MP3 format.
- The Live Heads have final say in all circumstances and disputes and may modify rules at any time if necessary.
Applications will close February 1st, 2020.
Just remember to enjoy yourselves on stage.
Please be sure to have also read through our Weapons and Cosplay Policies before you submit your application.
All participants are eligible to win, even if they have entered in the Masquerade.
If you have read through and understand everything, please fill out our Dance Showcase Application!