IN ORDER TO ENTER THE MASQUERADE, YOU MUST:
- Have a valid ACR Badge to enter the Masquerade. To contestants that enter online, you are required to show your badge to the Cosplay Table in order to finalize your entry.
- Craftsmanship Entries, you MUST make 75% of your costume. NO LESS. Disqualification will take immediate effect if not complied.
- You must have a costume to enter the Masquerade. You may enter both Craftsmanship and Performance.
- Only enter into the appropriate category for Craftsmanship and Performance. If one person makes a group of costumes, all recognition goes to the Creator, and the group will be entered as if it were one costume.
- To participate in the Masquerade, you must submit a completed registration form. You will receive a time for prejudging either by pre-registering or on Friday of the convention during open registration at the Cosplay Table. Entries are limited so if you really want to be in the show, please enter early.
- ALL Entries MUST meet at the designated room for pre-judging within 15 Minutes before their assigned time.
- Please note that all Masquerade participants must report to Main Events for line-up and final instruction. You will be informed of this time at check-in. DO NOT BE LATE. If you are late, we may assume you have dropped out and you may be removed from the lineup.
There will be nine prizes given out at this year’s Anime Crossroad’s Cosplay Masquerade, listed below:
- Best Novice Performance
- Best Journeyman Performance
- Best Master Performance
- Best Performance in Show
- Best Junior
- Best Novice Craftsmanship
- Best Journeyman Craftsmanship
- Best Master Craftsmanship
- Best Craftsmanship in Show
- Junior – Contestants 14 and under ONLY. If the contestant wishes to be placed in a higher division, they may. This category is the same for both Performance and Craftsmanship entrants.
- Novice – Contestants who have won 1 Major Award or less. (Best in Category, Best in Show)
- Journeyman – Contestants who have received no more than 2 to 4 Major Awards. (Best in Category, Best in Show)
- Master – Contestants who have received 5 or more Major Awards. (Best in Category, Best in Show)
- Major Awards count as Best in Category and Best in Show.
- Group entries enter the highest eligible division based upon whoever in your group has the most Major Awards (ie: if someone in your group has 3 Major Awards, then the group will compete in journeyman)..
- If you are not sure what skill division you should be in, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you enter into Craftsmanship AND Performance, you are eligible to win a skit award as well.
- The Live Events Heads and the Cosplay Judges have the right at any time during the Cosplay event to move an entry to a different skill division, as they see fit.
- You MUST have made at least 75% of your costume to be eligible for Craftsmanship judging. Store-bought or commissioned costumes (made for you by someone else) are not eligible for Craftsmanship entries.
- Any entry that attempts. to submit under false pretenses will be Disqualified immediately. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Any Sandbagging, meaning any costume that has previously won a Major Award is not eligible for entry. Disqualification will be effective immediately.
- Craftsmanship entries must provide PRINTED reference images so the Judges can thoroughly evaluate your costume fairly even if you’re not in the room. Do not assume the judges will know your character! Failure to bring reference images will result in an automatic point deduction. Please bring full body, full color, official images of the character you are cosplaying. These need to show the character wearing the outfit from varying angles and sides.
- A group may enter Craftsmanship. All groups must enter under the class of the most experienced member. Should they win, they’ll share the prize given for winning.
- All Craftsmanship participants WILL BE judged Saturday in the designated area. Judging times will be assigned upon entry in blocks based on the allotted time. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled judging time.
- Open registration will be on the Friday of the convention at the Cosplay Table.
- Craftsmanship entries not in Performance will participate in the Showcase (walk-on). They will do three poses, pausing to let pictures be taken.
- Should a group win a performance award, they’ll share the prize given for winning.
- There are only 5 Dance Performance Slots. First come, first serve. If you do not make it, there is the Dance Showcase. Link down below.
- Performances are limited to a maximum time of 5 minutes.
- NO LIVE STEEL. Anything that could be mistaken as a realistic weapon must be cleared by ACORE as per con guidelines. You must bring all props to rehearsal for approval.
- Your performance content, including language and thematic content, must be family friendly as ACross is a family-friendly event, and the Masquerade will be attended by young children and parents. The Live Events Heads and Cosplay Judges reserve the right to disqualify, modify, or remove a skit they feel is inappropriate.
- Please do not leave anything on stage when you exit. NO GLITTER.
- Performance entries must attend a mandatory skit approval on Saturday. If your on-stage presentation deviates from what you showed the cosplay staff at rehearsal, you will be disqualified. DO NOT SURPRISE US.
- Stage combat and gymnastics must be approved by the Live Events Heads. Please ask if you have questions; we want your skit to be great, but we also want the temporary stage to stay stable during your skit.
- If you wish to use prerecorded audio, you MUST send the MP3 audio file to email@example.com before the cut-off date, which will be stated in an email confirmation. Please have your skit audio ready-to-play as one single track.
- Make sure it is a MP3 file. We will NOT accept anything else. We will NOT edit your audio for you.
- The Live Events Heads have final say in all circumstances and disputes and may modify rules at any time if necessary.
Just remember to enjoy yourselves on stage and to entertain the audience. This event is not only for you but for them as well. Have fun and be positive!
Please be sure to have also read through our Weapons and Cosplay Policies before you submit your application.
Also keep in mind that open registration for the contest at the convention will take place Friday ONLY! It will also be First Come, First Serve. The easiest way to guarantee your spot in the contest is to pre-register!
If you have read through and understand everything, please fill out our Cosplay Masquerade Application!
If you are looking for information about the Dance Showcase, follow the link below!